Classic turntable with superior tone-arm reaches magical performance levels!
1Xpression Carbon is the 6th generation of the hi-fi classic Pro-Ject 1, which was presented for the first time in 1991. No other entry-level turntable concept is more audiophile and the current version includes a totally new carbon tone-arm with spin-off “EVO”-technology. It has new innovative gimbal design features a resonance damping counterweight, that allows best performance for any cartridge.
The approved belt drive design offers low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling, ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator (like Speed Box) for ultimate speed stability. The complex main platter construction cannot be found elsewhere in this price range and is similar to the Xtension models. Advanced thermo plastic elastomers (TPE) are used in a sandwich construction with steel alloy for optimised resonance behaviour. Platter bearing axle is made from low tolerance chrome plated stainless steel running on a Teflon bottom in bronze bearing housing. Turntable main plinth is made from low resonance MDF, which effectivly is decoupled from structure-born noise by special absorber feet, that use TPE technology. Beside it`s class-leading sound quality, this turntable convinces with classic elegance and high-class black piano finish.
• Belt drive system with synchronous motor
• Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
• Heavy steel sandwich platter with TPE technology for superior resonance damping & felt mat
• 8,6″ carbon tonearm with Evo Kardan rings
• Resonance damping counterweight design
• Gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
• Special turntable feet for effective decoupling for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback